8.19.2011

Slacker

I've been slacking.  It's been weeks since my last post. In all honesty, I haven't really had it in me. Once the calendar flips to August, I start to cringe on the inside just the tiniest bit, knowing that the end of summer is not too far off. In an effort to completely deny that fact (as well as the fact that my daughter starts kindergarten in just a few short weeks), and soak up some more of summer's offerings, here's a glimpse of what we've been up to these days:
 picking beautiful flowers with our vegetables at our CSA
out on my brother in-law's boat...


Mind the horrible expression on my face, below. It's not low tide that's making me frown.  It's my first time driving a boat and I squint while concentrating. I loved every minute of this. Really.

Enjoying sweet, simple fun at Sesame Place. This mini-vacation was a home run. I secretly hope my kids never stop watching Sesame Street.




And finally, tonight, we'll be capping the last few lazy weeks of summer off with Mr. Summer Himself, sans children. Cross your fingers that the thunder and lightning holds off until after the outdoor concert.
Jimmy Buffett

 I hope you're enjoying these dog days of summer as much as I am.

Have a great weekend...
Erin





7 comments:

  1. i know the feeling about wanting to hang on to summer as long as possible--cause i do too! great pictures and I've been wanting to go to sesame place for a while now. maybe we'll go when it gets a little less hot out. Thanks for linking up today!

    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Andi.Sesame was great; so managable, size-wise and not too overwhelming. The water rides helped a bit with the heat. They have a Max & Ruby event as well as Halloween events throughout the fall on weekends.

    Have a great weekend!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin,

    Looks like you are enjoying a perfect summer...I can't help but long for those days when mine were that little and they would wake up and we would decide what fun adventure we would explore. Now my 16 year old just finished 6 weeks of SAT Prep.

    Enjoy!

    xo annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you!! I feel the need to get back into blogging and "all caught up" in a way, but totally just enjoying being too ;) Loved your photos! My daughter would love Sesame St. Looked like fun!! Thanks for sharing! Found you via Living in Yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, I don't know how you do it; I am dreading Kindergarten in two weeks. SAT Prep might just kill me! Kristine, thanks for stopping by and commenting. I am hopping over to your blog right now.

    Have a great week,ladies!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer still rushes by too quickly...and I'm, well, old ! So enjoy every minute, and I know you and your darling babes (all 3 ! ) do ~ enjoyed seeing just how much. x0x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your not old, you're fabulous. It has been a great summer. Hope family week was wonderful; I have no doubt it was a blast. xo

    ReplyDelete