I chose this style and period because I thought it seemed completely off my radar. Through my research, I came to appreciate so much about it. Its unfussy nature and simple, clean lines really show off the wood and I imagine, anything else you'd really want to highlight in a space. I thought I would recreate my actual presentation board on Polyvore to show you what I came up with.
- Wealthy restaurateurs and brothers who bought a former barn-turned-restaurant on Block Island.
- Their goal was to maximize the dramatic views of their perch overlooking the Atlantic.
- The aesthetic had to be clean and natural, chic and current. Nothing could detract from the view.
- The menu highlights local vendors from beer and wine to oysters.
- Oh and since this is pretend, they had a ridiculously large budget. Vintage Danish modern furniture is found throughout the space.
All in all, a fun project that forced me outside my comfort zone. I could even see some of these pieces in my home, particularly the gorgeous credenza I chose for the bar.
Do you ever find yourself drawn to a style you thought wasn't you?
A big thank you to my husband for not complaining once about the major slack he had to pick up so I could finish this project!
Have a great weekend!