Here are some befores that have been long awaiting their afters in my home.
|Before: Old garden planters in need of a face lift. Current status? Three down, two kind of flopped.|
|Before: Office/dressing room. Current status? organized, different drapes and furniture edited, but far from complete, sigh.|
|Before: Downstairs hallway as it looked this time last year. We lived with swatches on our walls like|
that for about four months.
To give you a better understanding of my design ADD, take a look at this list I drew up yesterday. There's just a few projects I wanted to tackle this weekend while my husband is out and about taking care of some family obligations.
- repaint up and downstairs hallways (must buy paint)
- make pillow covers (with fabric that I've had for three months)
- cut trim for curtains (which still need some sort of a dowel or rod to hang from, made curtains back in February!)
- complete message center for refrigerator
- strip old door (that's been ready for a makeover for 5 1/2 years)
- finish planting annuals (if they're not dead yet, as they bake in their little black pots)
- finish Neve's graduation book (for 6/13)
- rehang art and shelves (buy screws, find studs) in office
- gather art and photos/frames for small gallery walls in both hallways
- spray paint old frames white (buy spray paint)
Ummm, yeah. So the likelihood of most of this happening in one long weekend is not looking so good. I have so much trouble finishing one room or project completely before I begin the next and it drives me crazy. I know a home is an evolution, but some days the achiever in me hates having so little to check off of my to do list. I suppose I should focus on the fact that my children are mostly happy, fed, clothed, usually bathed and overall, the daily routine of our family life is in tact and running smoothly.