Summer is definitely my favorite season for the laid-back lifestyle it provides, but it's not so kind to my looks. Those of you who know me have probably seen my summer hair. It's au natural for sure, usually air-dried with some gel ('crazy-hair', to my daughter). Heat, humidity, chlorine and salt water seem to put up a winning battle that I've given up fighting. Luckily my hairdresser Nicole De-Marco Murray shares some summer beauty tips with us for today's Favorites Friday. Not only is she a talented hairstylist, she's an incredibly kind and funny person. I'm very lucky to have stumbled upon her chair a few years back when I was big and pregnant.
Summer Hair and Skin Care tips:
1. Beauty from the Inside Out: Anti-Aging
It's something most women do on a daily basis: fight the aging process. Time spent in the sun doesn't always help. Eating healthy foods, exercising and using an array of products (especially sunscreen) are some ways you can wage your personal war on aging. As a professional Hairstylist, I urge my clients to take care of themselves not only on the outside, but on the inside as well. I have teamed up with Dr. Roxanne Carfora and Juice Plus to provide my clients with the best medical advice on beauty, anti-aging and taking vitamins as part of a healthy lifestyle. Here are some tips to help you in your battle:
- Oral Nutrition is extremely important for fighting the aging process. Research has shown that we require at least 8-9 servings of fruit and vegetables per day. Most people do not get this and need supplements which can help to prevent, slow or reverse graying/loss of hair.
- Juice Plus is an organic, gluten free, Kosher capsule containing 10-12 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Helpful supplements include: Vitamin B12, Omega 3, Biotin and Folic acid and minerals such as calcium, copper and zinc.
2.HOT SUMMER RUNWAY HAIR YOU CAN DO YOURSELF!
- The trends have definitely been more natural lately, so don't be afraid of letting those waves loose.
- For those of you who have bangs and want to pull them up try this look:
- Sleek low loops were shown at the DKNY show. In real life, these make a polished alternative to sloppy ponytails but keep you just as cool.
- And of course - Feathers!!! Celebrities like Hilary Duff, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and even Steven Tyler are wearing them. Feather hair extensions offer an easy way to energize your everyday look, without the commitment involved.
Do you have any secrets for taming the frizz?
Have a great weekend!Erin