10.27.2011

Chasing my tail...

     Lately, I feel like a dog chasing its tail. No matter how hard I try, or how fast I run, I am always just shy of grabbing it. Occasionally, if I'm really warmed up and let's face it, lucky, I can catch it for a fleeting moment. Usually before I can enjoy my victory for too long, I lose my grip and I am right back where I started, surrounded by unfinished lists and piles of laundry.


     Kindergarten and nursery school are kicking my rear. I'm lining up to collect my "Mother of the Year" award. I know I'm lucky in so many ways: to be home with two healthy, happy children, to have a supportive husband who is not a caveman, and to have great friends in the same boat as me. I know many people have so much more to juggle and deal with. I don't know how my grandmother managed seven children. I can't imagine having to fly solo all the time or having truly sick children. I know it's been harder than this before.  I know it all goes too quickly. I know this too shall pass.  

     For now, maybe I'll just focus on straight ahead, instead of where my tail is. Better yet, maybe I should take my cue from cats and take a nap in the sun.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment