3.06.2012

Q&A

Today I'm doing something a little different. I guess you could say, for me, this is risk taking: I'm always hesitant to cross the line of offering too much information (but I may have already done that).  But when Sarah, of Pewter + Sage "tagged me", in a blogging Q & A, I didn't hesitate to join in.  I love reading her blog. She has fantastic taste, a gorgeous little girl, a beautiful home and hosts the Mood Board Monday challenge I've particpated in. So, without further ado, here goes.

Here are my answers to Sarah's questions:

1. Name two tv shows that you must watch every week or record to watch later.
  • Modern Family, and a new guilty pleasure, Top Gear. I tape Modern Family every week and truly look forward to those 22 minutes of laughter. It's so relevant to where I am in my life right now and so smart and funny. 
  • Around Christmas, we discovered that we get the BBC America channel.  We stumbled upon Top Gear, and have been kind of addicted ever since. I am in no way interested in cars (hence my Toyota Sienna), but the three snarky Brits who host and star in the show keep us laughing and tuned in to their banter, adventures and often amazing destinations.
2. Do you like to travel? If so, list three places at the top of your "Must Visit" list. 
  • I do. Before we had children we traveled a lot, especially since we were both working in  schools at the time.  Three places I'd love to get to as the kids grow are Sweden, Tuscany, (I'd love to eat and drink my way through it) and New Orleans.
3. What's your current favorite decorating color combo?

  • Blue and green. I'm always drawn to these colors, followed closely by orange and red. If you  looked in my closet right now, you'd see lots of repetition of these colors. It's really not  even a conscious thing.
4. Do you use the "snooze" button on your alarm?
Once at most. Two, only if I'm sick

5. Are you the oldest, middle or youngest kid in your family? Or are you an only child?
I am the youngest. My brother Mike is two years older than me. It's funny because of our age difference, I have no childhood memories without him. 

6. Do you collect anything?
Not consciously, but I wrote a post last summer that proved me wrong. I honestly don't shop very much. Little kids make going to HomeGoods (my candy store) a completely different experience. It's saved me lots of money and breakables.

7. What's your middle name?
 Elizabeth, after my Aunt Betty.

8. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A teacher or a flight attendant (my mom was one for TWA back in the 60s).


9. Are you...country or city? girlie-girl or tomboy? a talker or a listener?
  • Can I say suburban girl? I love the city and could see myself living there at least part-time as an empty nester, but I do like my quiet and green space.  Too far in the country and I might be a little lost. What I love most about living on Long Island is that I can literally be in the city by day and the beach at night.
  • I'm not a girly-girl. I like to be feminine but have never been into anything frilly, princessy or super pink.
  • I know I can be a talker, but I hope I'm a good listener too!
10. If you had to make up a fancy label for your decorating style, what would it be?
I know this isn't fancy, but Casual Comfort?? I fear this sounds more like old lady workout gear or Easy Spirit sneakers...

11. What would your family and friends say is one of your best qualities? What would they say is one of your worst?
The best might be that I am loyal and always willing to help. The worst might be that I am  forgetful and clumsy.


Thank you for indulging me today.  It was a fun reflection and I really enjoyed learning more about Sarah. I'm looking forward to finding out more about the rest of you. 

I am always so uncomfortable doing the chain thing (I don't know why), so instead of eleven, I've "tagged" a handful of bloggers whom whom I admire. If you'd like to play along, please join in!


Erin
Eleven Questions:
1. What led you to blogging?
2. What's one goal you have for your blog?
3. What's your favorite part of your home?
4. What would your closet or home (your choice) say about you?
5. Favorite meal or comfort food?
6. What item would you love to splurge on if money was no object?
7.If you had an entire day alone, with no responsibilites or obligations, how would you spend it?
8.Favorite vacation destination?
9. Do you live near your hometown, or have you moved far away?
10. What's your dream job, if there is such a thing?
11. Complete this thought. Ten years ago...


4 comments:

  1. Looove Modern Family! It's my favorite comedy right now. Love that there are laugh-out-loud moments every week.

    Loved learning more about you! I'll get to my questions tonight, promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still laughing at last week's episode. Todd and I had to pause it and/or rewind a few times to hear lines that we laughed over.

      Can't wait to read your Q&As. No rush. I promise. And thanks!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Thank you so much for playing along, Erin! (I know, I'm slightly hesitant about the whole chain thing too!) Loved getting to know you better. And thanks for the super sweet intro:)

    We love Modern Family too! And I'm totally cracking up at your "Casual Comfort"/old lady workout gear style!! Ha! Ok, now here's the part that I don't get - the snooze button!! Why do people do this? Just set the alarm for like 15 minutes later when you go to bed and enjoy those extra minutes of actual sleep:) Have never hit that button in my life! I totally wanted to be a teacher when I was little too, or a secretary!

    Thanks again, this was fun! And I hope to see you Monday for the MBM party:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a lot of ours are the same! I'm Erin Elizabeth too! And I love Modern Family! And suburban life. And casual comfort. And I'm not a girly girl either although I've gotten much more so in the last few years!

    Thanks for tagging me. I know it is hard to do the chain thing! I think I might put it on my Two Story Cottage facebook page if that is okay with you!

    ReplyDelete